Jennifer K. Crittenden is the author of the Amazon best-selling book “The Discreet Guide for Executive Women: How to Work Well With Men (and Other Difficulties)”. She earned a BA in Linguistics and French with high distinction from Indiana University, a Baccalaureate certificate in Film Studies, and an MBA in Finance and MIS from the Kelley School of Business. For over twenty years, she has worked for big pharma and biotech companies in the U.S., U.K. and Europe, rising from financial analyst to CFO. Upon graduation from business school, she joined Bristol-Myers Squibb and worked for their divisions in Warsaw Indiana, Santa Barbara, California, and Brussels, Belgium. She then moved to the sunny skies of San Diego to participate in the emerging biotech industry which eventually led her to eight years of association with Smith & Nephew, working in the U.S. and the U.K. She moved on to serve as Chief Accounting Officer for Anadys Pharmaceuticals, a public biotech company, and as CFO for Biocept, Inc., a private diagnostics company. She is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and has a CELTA certificate from the University of Cambridge to teach English as a second language.
Participants who select Jennifer for their program will use her book “The Discreet Guide for Women Executives” (in print or audio format) as the core reading material for their program, while they benefit from one-on-one coaching sessions with Jennifer.
Jennifer in Video:
Click here to watch an interview at the Indiana University Kelley School of Business (4/23/12).
Jennifer in Print:
- Click here to read an interview in Bloomberg Businessweek about Sex at Work (6/6/12).
- Click here to read George Vlahakis’s blog about The Discreet Guide (5/16/12).
- Click here to read an interview in Women’s Ally (7/1-/12).
- Click here to read an article by Robin Madell about mentors and sponsors in The Glass Hammer (4/5/12).
- Click here to read an article about female executives by Bob Calandra (5/17/12).
- Click here to read an article about exit interviews by David Wolinsky on NBC Chicago (5/31/12).
Jennifer on the Air:
- Click here to listen to a webinar Jennifer did on Collaboration Across Genders in the Workplace (6/6/12) for the Kelley School of Business.
- Click here to listen to an interview on Your Story Matters with Angela Schaeffers (4/19/12).
- Click here to listen to an interview on Women at the Top Network with Regina Barr, CEO of Red Ladder, Inc. (5/15/12)
- “The Discreet Guide for Executive Women Wins National Indie Excellence Award and Gains Media Attention” June 21, 2012. Click here.
- “College Alumna Receives National Recognition” June 15, 2012. Click here.
- “Local Author Receives National Recognition” June 1, 2012. Click here.
- “IU alumna and author of ‘The Discreet Guide for Executive Women’ visiting the Kelley School” April 18, 2012. Click here.
- “The Discreet Guide for Executive Women. Release by Kelley and Hall Book Publicity” May 14, 2012. Click here.